WHAT TO EXPECT
Taking that first step toward getting help can be difficult. Frontier Health staff strive to create a safe and non-judgmental atmosphere for individuals seeking help. Your wellbeing is important to us. Your first appointment is an important step in making sure you get connected to services that will be most helpful to you and your recovery journey.
WHAT TO BRING
To help us provide the most efficient service and help in time of need, please bring the following items:
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
PROOF OF INCOME
PHOTO ID/DRIVER’S LICENSE
What you can Expect during your first appointment with Frontier Health Outpatient Services
- You will meet with a Frontier Health team member to review and sign important information that will help you understand your providers role, your role and rights related to your treatment. They will ask you information about your insurance coverage and help determine if you qualify for any financial assistance to help cover your services.
- A clinical member of the Frontier team will talk with you about the concerns that you would like to work on during your treatment, your background information and information about potential barriers to successful treatment, like housing or transportation problems.
- Once the Frontier team member has a good understanding of your concerns, they will talk with you and\or your family about the services that they feel will be most helpful for you to meet your treatment goals.
- The Frontier team member will work to set you up with those providers or resources within Frontier Health. You might meet with some of your new providers that day, but most will be scheduled on future dates. It is likely that the person that you talk with during your first appointment will not be part of your final treatment team.
DISCOUNTED FEE PROGRAM
Frontier Health’s Outpatient Clinic Services offers a Discounted Fee Program for uninsured individuals who have no funds, or limited funds to pay for services.
You may print and fill out an application to bring with you to your first appointment, or fill one out when you arrive. You will need to update each year.
You must live within our 8 county service area of Northeast Tennessee, or our 3 county service area of Southwest Virginia.* Discounts are determined by income and family size. Proof of income must be provided.
* Tennessee (Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Washington, Unicoi)
* Virginia (Lee, Scott, Wise)